Greenstein Chiropractic and Health Management is affiliated with the AvicennaTM Laser Therapy Centers of Excellence. As a class IV laser and able to deliver 7.5 Watts of maximum power, the Avicenna laser is one of the most powerful therapeutic lasers in the United States. It’s the deepest penetrating therapeutic laser on the market, able to penetrate up to 20 cm. High power laser therapy is revolutionizing the non-surgical treatment of musculoskeletal pain.
A recent review of over 2500 articles in the medical literature indicated that many acute and chronic conditions may be improved or eliminated with therapeutic lasers. Some of these conditions include:
1. Nerve compression or damage to peripheral nerves, dorsal roots or the spinal cord resulting in pain, loss of sensitivity, motor loss of muscles and changes of the deep tendon reflexes. Some of these conditions include: neuropathy with any part of the upper or lower extremities; pinched nerve in the spine, upper or lower extremities; carpal tunnel syndrome; sciatica; and pain, numbness or a tingling sensation with any part of the upper or lower extremities.
2. Sclerotogenous pain of a deep somatic origin involving spinal discs, ligaments, joint capsules, periosteum, cartilage and tendons. Some of these conditions include: any acute or chronic injury, i.e. sprain, to the neck, upper back, mid-back or lower back; any acute or chronic injury, i.e. sprain, to the shoulders, elbows, wrists, fingers, hips, knees, ankles or toes; osteoarthritis; herniated discs; bursitis; and tendonitis.
3. Myofascial pain of muscles and/or their surrounding fascia causing trigger points, spasms, strains, post-surgical pain, scar tissue and adhesions. Some of these conditions include: fibromyalgia and poor posture.
4. Wound healing of burns, ulcers, diabetic complications, and slow or non-healing surgical wounds, and lacerations.
The cellular effects of laser therapy are very impressive and include:
1. Increased growth factor response within cells and tissues as a result of increased ATP (energy) and protein synthesis.
2. Accelerated cell reproduction and growth leading to faster repair of damaged tissues.
3. Increased metabolic activity-via increase in enzyme outputs, oxygen and nutrient availability.
This is the world’s most advanced non-surgical, drug-free form of pain management available today. Patients typically begin to experience some pain relief within a few sessions.